Friday, October 5, 2007

Chinese Food in Dubai

I've got numerous requests to put some pix on the blog. But if I waited to craft the stories behind the stories behind the pix, it would take forever. So here's an amalgamation of the pix; I'll write the back stories later.

My First Chinese Dinner was crummmy. Sweet and Sour Fish in over-sweet and over-red sauce plus stir-fried vegetables. I definitely have a second career as a Chinese cook here if my job doesn't pan out. But I found out that the cook is paid only about 2K Dirhams tops (about S$800) so I don't think my friends would be pleased since that would mean I would have to stay in a dump and won't have space for them to bunk in.

My 2nd Chinese dinner was evidently better. I was so pleased with it that I forgot to take pictures and could only show you the left overs. Had beef noodles and wonton soup. Cook was from China so it was La-mien style. Made friends with the counter staff and will got directions to Chinatown. Will be there tomorrow!
Found the Singapore restaurant finally. Will be there later for dinner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.